To my knowledge, this is due to the autonomic nervous system being out of balance. When your body is overly stressed from:
Not eating regularly enough for you
Not eating right for you (your metabolic type)
Not getting enough sleep all the time
Too many external stresses (family and job problems)
All of these stresses add up on cellular level, and puts the body in a constant “fight or flight” mode which switches on the sympathetic nervous system. This part of the nervous system is connect to the “logical” left brain.
It’s the right brain that allows us to think creatively, think outside of the box and to solve problems. The right brain is connected to parasympathetic nervous system. To get your parasympathetic nervous “back online” so-to-speak, you need to reduce as many stresses in your body, as much as possible. You can do this by using these foundation principles:
1. Drink the right amount of pure water depending on your bodyweight
2. Eat top quality food as much as possible (organic)
3. Eat right for your metabolic type- this alone will balance out the autonomic nervous system a fair bit!
4. Get enough sleep
5. Eat regularly to keep your blood sugar levels balanced
6. Clear you body for any unwanted inflections eg: fungal / parasite
7. Practice proper breathing with the right amount of exercise for you
Doing all of this will balance out your autonomic nervous systems and in, effect, improve your thinking.